I'm a Software Developer. I work for RedHat
I'm Lance Ball. I write software. I work for JBoss in a group called project:odd. Among other things, I get to work on new and experimental projects. In truth, that also means that I write and then throw away a lot of code. The upside is that I get to work on some projects that eventually grow legs and have a life.
Here are some of the projects that I have written or contributed to.
- WildFly Swarm - A microservices framework and runtime for Java.
- Vert.x - A reactive application framework and runtime for the JVM.
- Nodyn - A Node.JS runtime written for the JVM.
- TorqueBox - A JRuby application server.
- fidelity - A lightweight, spec-compliant Promises/A+ implementation
- rhq-metrics - A Node.js client for the JBoss RHQ Metrics Server
Things I've Said in Public
Sometimes I go places and talk about my work. Here are some videos of me doing that, or at least the slides I used.
- Microservices in a Java EE World - Red Hat Microservices Architecture Day 2015
- Process Bindings: How to do Node.js on the JVM - CodeMash 2015
- Vert.x: Async Data From Cluster to Browser - DataIO 2013
- Vert.x - Bringing the Browser to the Cluster - DevIgnition 2013
- Complex Made Simple: Sleep Better with TorqueBox - RailsConf 2012
- Simple Scalability With TorqueBox - Ruby Hoedown 2012
- DataMapper on Infinispan: Clustered NoSQL - StrangeLoop 2012